Meeting Sundays @ 11AM at the club called Church 69 Kilmarnock Street Boston MA

Friday, December 23, 2011

Come Again, Lord Jesus...

I was driving home tonight in a mid-sized luxury SUV filled with just-opened Christmas presents. Ayanna (my 3-year old) gently asked my wife and I to play some "songs about Jesus" as my girls glanced at the windows looking for more Christmas lights and my almost 2 year old boy drifted off to sleep.  My wife, Betsy, was commenting how this first of what will be three days of Christmas gatherings couldn't have gone better.  I was thinking we are sooooo blessed.

My stomach was stuffed with food.  In fact, I had been different levels of full pretty much all day.  I was warm, warm. Warm and full.  And safe.  Not everyone can say that this Christmas.

Click pictures to learn more.
My thoughts turned to starving children in Africa like the ones I had prayed for early this week.  I thought about the girls hidden in sex-trafficking dens.  Most probably don't even know Christmas is two days away.  They probably just hope tomorrow doesn't come. I thought about the girls abandoned in China...

Click pictures to learn more.
Got home read about people who marched 170 miles over 4 days for freedom who on arriving at their capitol got beat up and killed.  Thought about my friends in Sanaa who since I left in March have lived in a virtual war zone under siege in their own apartments and homes.


Click pictures to learn more.
And in the midst of my car ride home filled with thoughts of Christmas, I found myself whispering, "Come Again, Lord Jesus..."

Come again, and make all the wrong things right.  Come again, and make "all the sad things untrue."

Come like you did at Christmas 2,000 years ago.

Come again, to destroy all evil, wipe every tear, fill every stomach, and banish all darkness.

Come again, so the last can be first and the first can be last.

Come again, so that there will be no longer be any orphans or sickness or pain or sin.  Come again, so the unwanted girls can have a home and the abused children can know love.

Come, come again, Lord Jesus.

The End of All Evil, Nov 13, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment